Monday, December 12, 2011

Book Review: Microsoft Expression Web 4 Step by Step by Author Chris Leeds



Microsoft Expression Web Step by Step 4 by Chris Leeds is a fabulous book for beginning web designers who are interested in learning how to use Microsoft Expression Web 4 and who are interested in learning good web design techniques. Having never done any web design or development, I was not too sure how to go about starting. I have always liked Microsoft products so I thought I would look at Microsoft Expression Web fourth When I first initiated the request, I was a little intimidated, to say the least, with a complex layout interface. I had no idea where to start. Then I happened to Chris Leeds, "a book that basically was my step-by-step through the Expression Web Interface 4, explaining all the panels, menus, tools and settings options.

Step by step has a great section that walks you through creating a website from scratch, using the Microsoft Expression Design 4 to create graphics for the header and footer, and then export the graphics on your first HTML web page. As Leeds you through the creation of this web site, it shows you how to style using CSS. Leeds shows how to create dynamic web template, and then later in the book shows how to turn this dynamic web template for the master page so that you can use the ASP.NET controls. Leeds shows how to add a picture from a web site and size, so that your website is not unnecessarily loaded the huge picture. If you are interested in creating a photo gallery, you will find the chapter on the use of Deep Zoom Composer is very korisno.Kraju book culminates with a great explanation of how to use the term web 4 to announce its new website on the internet.

I read Step by step from cover to cover in the process of creating my first website. I find myself going back through this book from time to time to freshen up on different techniques. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is the new Microsoft Expression Web 4, and web design in general. I'm sure will also be useful for more experienced users. Thanks Chris Leeds, you my first experience with web design a very pleasant experience and I look forward to improving my skills. Your books will remain in my collection as one of my most valued books.

No comments:

Post a Comment